Oh, hi there. I'm Sam, a 30something who's still trying to figure out this whole adulting thing.
These are the chronicles of my attempt to figure it all out: work, happiness, relationships, health, money... you know, the simple stuff. The stuff we never got a class for.
It's about how the heck taxes work. How to say sorry if you've been an asshole. How to build a career that doesn't leave you broke, but also doesn't leave you hating yourself. How to force yourself to go running even though running is objectively the most unpleasant experience known to humankind, because APPARENTLY it's also "important for your heart" or something. How to find the cheat codes for late-Capitalism.
It's about being more of a grownup, whether you're 25 or 52. Whoever you are, I'm glad you're here.
Like the illustrations on this site? They're all created by my very talented friend Nanna Venter. You can buy prints of most of her work over here.
About Sam Beckbessinger (it me)
I'm a writer (of kids' tv shows, weird horror stories, and books about adulting), an entrepreneur (of finance app businesses), and a very bad karaoke singer (mostly of songs from the musical Cabaret). I'm from South Africa, but I now live in the U.K.
I wrote a bestselling book called Manage Your Money Like a Fucking Grownup, which is now sold all around the world. You can find out where to buy it here.
- Ask and answer questions with the internet’s friendliest Facebook Group: The League of Fucking Grownups
- Listen to me rant about Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Twitter: @beckbessinger
- Check out all the photos of my dumb cat on Instagram: @greenham_sam
- I do talks for schools and businesses (currently all online). Use the regular email address on the contact page.
- Find more ways to get in touch on the contact page.